28 September 2007

I'm Back!

OK! Hey! I'm back! sorry about that big gap! but I've been having some turbulence with internet and quiet busy! Loads has happen since the last time I actually wrote. I added old posts that I wrote a while ago and couldn't upload. (so scroll down for that).

Well, Well, the updating is getting its way through! And I don't know how to continue! I have now started working! finally! dam! the holidays are over!!! I'm supposed to be moving flats, well from the guesthouse to the actual home sweet home, but that's a bloody long and boring story, and I also had a very nice Birthday.
Oh yes! I haven't forgotten the challenges you send me, I really haven't had time, but they are all written in my agenda and I will do them! NB: Bea I'm struggling to find some rollerblades, I will have to borrow some on the square (might be ice-skating soon). And if get into prison for trying to clim the statue you know you I am going to blame! not that It would change something if I'm behind the bars!

So work! well I started monday... It's a very strange feeling indeed! Not only I haven't really work since last year, but is in Mongolian! My counterpart (my equivalent in the office, or the person am working directly with) speaks really good english, but the other 2 not at all. Well not, they understand a bit. My mongolian being so crap, communication is an art of mimics! And for that we have had a few giggles already. On the human side I think is gonna work out well, we are all around the same age, and even if the language is a problem there's a good vibe. They find it very funny when I try to speak mongolian, and teach me words and sentences. Monday we have a meeting to define a bit more what I'm gonna be doing. They gave me a plan of what they wanted me to do, and from my side I spend the week reading and getting info. So Monday is gonna be the big day. I know I have to be extra-carefull of the choice of my words, they are already very defensive about their work. And my presence, although they requested it is a bit of a threat as if I was judging them. So i will have to show my diplomatic skills! Unfortunately is not something I excel at, they were inexistent in my speech at my sis wedding... (for those who where there!) i hope i'll find the word 'cos that meeting could define the rest of our collaboration together. Basically, I'm really enjoying this new experience, it's challenge something i've never done before but willing to learn!

Ok the flat now! Well I'm gonna make it brief, until an hour ago we were supposed to stay in the guesthouse (3 per room) for 3 more weeks. BUT! BUT! I just had the fantastic news that they found a 4 bedroom apartment in a very very very central place, by the square! And apparently a very fancy one! I haven't seen it yet, but we are moving there on Monday! I was literally jumping when i had the news! After sharing a room with 3-4 people and having all my stuff in my bag, i was starting to loose it! but hey hey! home sweet home! I'll post photos once I move in!

And that wasn't the only good thing today, my colleagues invited me for lunch to day to celebrate my belated birthday. A very nice Korean restaurant, is now time for diner but still feel full! I had a few celebrations, i do feel slightly older., but i'm not gonna go there. And I'm sure i'll remember this one. No I didn't have to do any strange things (as drink yak milk or go on a ride on one of them) as some people suggested. Only, after dinner we went to a bar and a couple of friends arrived with a cake and party poppers, quiet enjoyed that. Some street kids had most of the cake, and the rest I took it with me and ended up giving to a fruit seller. I know all this doesn't make much sense to you... Anyway was a good evening!



Ops! forgot! they did make me wear that hat (traditional mongolian hat) for a while! But only indoors.
At the bar, with mEE cake!

The cake!


Well Ladies and Gentelmans, my duty is fullfilled, and now off to celebrate I survived my first week of work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

!!! Tєрсєн єдрийн баяр хvргэе !!!

Je viens de relire, en vitesse, tes différents post.

Ai retrouvé le lien de ton blog, c'est chouette.

Te voilà Chef des petits capés alors, u'll do it .

Besos & à toute,
Ju.

Sylvie said...

Joli chapeau, joli gâteau !