27 September 2007

Training finished!!

Mission accomplished, I survived the 5 weeks of training and language course. I'm now totally fluent in Mongolian, NOT! I can just about pick up some words, useless words, in a conversation and have a monologue about myself. Very selfish indeed!
So 5 weeks had passed since I landed in this country (when I wrote this, not when I'm actually publishing it). It seemed like an eternity. It had its ups and downs (as you read) And now 5 weeks after I can look back and with relief go WOuUOUhHOuOU! and at the same time i have a grin of astonishment on my face. It's finish?!
Apparently those weeks are supposed to be the hardest ones. Sharing a room with other people, having all your stuff in your bag. Basically living on top of each-other for 5 weeks, sleeping together, eating together, going to class together, even going to the toilet together... hmmmm not not that close. But it felt like that. The toilet was the only place you could be alone, but then again not for too cos someone needed! But hey! we survived, didn't kill anyone. And when we get together now again we actually happy to see each-other again!
To celebrate the end of the language course we went to the countryside with all the student of the college. I don't know if I said it before, but the college is also a school of tourism for Mongolian. I was quiet grumpy (no I'm never get grumpy!!!) I wasn't sure I wanted to go, I had a bad stomachache (does it ever stop?!) In the bus this teacher was treating us like 2 years olds and making us sing stupid songs (I had my finger on my ears and my head against the seat in front, I was breading deeply not to throw her out of the bus). By the time we arrived I was ready to punch some one. BUT, I went for a walk, it's magical! Climbed the mountain, can't get enough of it, looked around, and every bad feeling flew. Do you know? the trees here only grow on the north side of the mountain? Went back to the ger camp, and realised the horses were being settled. Ran, literally ran there. By the time i got there I got slightly (bloody) scared, they are tiny, but hey! they have a mind of their own! Didn't hesitate much I have to say. The first 10 min were the trial, we both (I named my horse Tabatha (well Rob did) even if it was a male) tested each other. Confidence grew and I had the time of my life! Galloping across the steppes!!! (Tabatha was quiet lazy but we found an agreement; 5 min of galloping 5 of walking or sthg like that) That was what I was dreaming of before I came. Seriously I was in heaven. I loved it! Another highlight so far. Unfortunately we had to go back to the camp, had some lunch and then the second bunch of people went riding. I was just supposed to take some pics and ended up getting on a horse again! Well this time Rupert (different horse) was a bit more stubborn and veeeeery lazy, so slightly different but enjoyable still. The pain afterward, knee join blow apart as always, the cuts due to the mongolian ropes, and my "posterieur" couldn't take the smile out of my face! I think if we had had time I would've gone again, even bleeding! Love it!!!! Love it!!!

Here some evidence!!

We found Chinggis on the way!


Had to pose! sorry!


Just arrived at the ger camp, queuing for the toilet.


This Korean guy was making music out of that sword. Amasing!


The beggining of my walk!


At the top of the hill. The north side.


The south side.


The guys making lunch. Hmmmm




The horse riding!
Tabatha & I


Rupert & I


The group, well some of them!


The other me!


Zuhura & Aime


Jon & Lesley


With Chimgee Bagsh (teacher)



1 comment:

Sylvie said...

Quelle vie tu mènes là !