09 September 2007

Is all about food!!!

I have to say that after 3 weeks around here I've started to dread the meals! All sort of taste the same and they have a huge amount of food every time. A huge soup, just that would be enough, then a second! And it's always meaty like. They just boil it and when they feel like it put, some salt. But spices are not an option here. So, whatever you eat taste the same. Although now in UB you can find anything you want. I would defo be more understanding in the middle of the country side! But here you have everything! I feel like a child in a toy shop when I go to the vegetable market! And starting to dream of the Malaysian restaurant!

Pour ce qui est de la bouffe! hmmmm merde! bon c'est devenu le calvaire, tout a le meme gout, et tout est certainement avec de la viande bouillie! pas d'epices. ils bouffent pour 4 et assez gras, tres. Pour se proteger contre le froid! Je commence seriousement a avoir du mal, je reve d'aller tout les jour au restaurant Malaysian ou ya du poulet et la bouffe a le gout de quelque chose. Je suis excite comme une pouce au marche des legumes et je commence a faire un stock d'epices! Ce n'est certainement pas fameux!

To prove it, some illustrations!
Voici la preuve!



La soupe pour commencer!
J'ai oublie le nom mais en gros c'est des noodles avec de la viande bouille!

To start the soup!
Basically some meat boiled with some noodles!
I forgot the name of it but it's the traditional one!


Et voici Eileen les "Buuz" d'espece de Dumplings remplis de viande! Je te laisse lire les ingredient! C'est just tellement appetissant! Ils les bouffent tout le temps. Comme un snack, ou meme dans le the!!!
So here the "Buuz", traditional food, they have them as a snack as a meal and even in the tea!!!
That day we cooked them! Please read the Ingredients!


The bag, homemade ones!
Steam the mouton tail! yeap! they look gorgeous, don't they?!

Once steamed your fry them.

And yes! I did eat it!
(Although I still can't rotate the photos!!!)

And after that. I can say I'm alive. My stomach is not very very happy, but surviving! I guess I'll just have to get used to it and I will def have to start cooking at home for some flavours!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

alala ma pauvre Soooo...je compatis, ça doit pas être génial tous les jours à table!
Trouve toi de la farine, du lait, du sucre et du chocolat et fais toi une bonne crêpe remplie :)

Merci pour l'info en tous cas!

Anonymous said...

yikes! je n'aurais rien à manger, huh? je me rappellerai d'apporter les repas veggie freeze-dried quand Ben et moi nous visitons. :O

Sylvie said...

Oh! My! God!

Anonymous said...

bon, je vois. je pense que la bouffe de Christine, même fade, est meilleure. Pour ton régime c'est ok, encore que... j'ai des doutes. Enfin quel plaisir tu aura de t'installer dans un resto et déguster un plat plus "typique " de mongolie. enfin prend des réserve pour l'hivers on ne sait jamais. big bisoux domi du creb