02 September 2007

Black Market experience!

Well, I have to say I don't have evidence of that one. But I felt the urge and need to tell you about it! the black market! not a black market in sens of drug or dealing with illegal stuff. It's a totally legal market where you even have to pay (very little) to get in. Stuff usually comes from China.
It was the highlight of this week. A mix of scary, exciting, amusing experience. The place is huge, no really is huge!! We spend 2 hours in there and did not even 1/8 of it! Whatever you what you can find there: a tyre, a mattress or a saucepan, also the clothing. It is overcrowded and the scary bit is that it is well known to be THE place for pickpocketing (safe this time for us). Things seem to have a logic (I couldn't really see it though!), as you had the clothing section, with western kind or oriental type, but the best the deels (traditional clothing), also the shoes and boots (I know now where to go to find my boots for the winter). The furniture bit, as of bed, tables, but also any kind of kitchen-bath utensils! And so on.
I could describe this place for ages! Nothing compare to it! Seriously I though Indian markets where something, well well, i have to say I'm impressed! Although I'm not sure I'll buy a lot from it! a bit to kitsch but amazing for the eyes!

No comments: