28 August 2007

Monastery-Museum of Choijin Lama

The entrance. I love this picc! you can't really see but the sky was sooo blue!


The main temple "Maharaja Sum", which contains a great amount of statues of Sakyamuni (the historical Buddha), Choijin Lama and Baltung Choimba (mummified remains are inside the statue) If you wander who this people is... I wonder too! apart for Sakyamuni, my Buddhist knowledge is quiet poor.


The ceiling, amazing piece of work on the main temple "Maharaja Sum"

On the right hand side you can see a faded painting, with bloody heads and bodies, which represents hell. What I love is the care of detail, every little piece of wood is painted or sculpted. Beautiful!


I love this Buddha! He looks like a lunatic! I feel somehow related to him, "astonished" should I say!! Sorry is not blasphemy, but you have to admit is a great look!


"Hell" again, very expressive!
I wasn't supposed to be taking photos inside the temple, but couldn't resist, no flash - no harm!

In front of the Zuu Sum, the temple dedicated to Sakyamuni.
Where only a few selected people were aloud!


The entrance on the way out, if that makes any sense!!


And finally the little "art shop- library"...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

las fotos de esos como fantasmas estan al derecho o al reves?

Sylvie said...

Magnifique, Sophie ! Les paysages et les photos !!! Gros bisous de Bruxelles.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.