20 August 2007

Monday already!

Well well, Internet here is not as good as I thought. Hey! something had to go wrong! It does exist but it's quiet slow! we'll see how it goes!

So it's Monday and already a lot had happen!
We spend the Sunday on the country side, (the group of 10 new volunteers and some others "old" ones) in a National Park called Terelj. The ride there was epic, we had our own mini-bus, but the road ! hmmmm! reminded me a bit of Venezuela!! When we finally got there it worth it. We stopped at an "owo" (sacred place = pile of rocks where you have to turn 3 times clockwise and throw a rock each time and ask for a wish). And entered the park, and that landscape is the one i dreamed of all these days! the one where i soon will be horse riding! Amazing! (unfortunately I haven't download the photos, but I'll try tomorrow or soon)
Spend the day there, the sky cleared up (was poring rain in the morning) and went for little walks in between meals.

Hmmm food I'd have to spend more time on that subject. But for now i can say it's heavy, good but god! one meal a day is enough for me!!! They eat for 4!!!!! And they definitely love meat!!! I tried the 'tea', not very convince about that one!!! is hot milk with salt!

After that came home and went with Joe a volunteer who's been here for a while to a city recognition tour (where to find different products, it's true you can find everything but you have to look for a bit). And from there we went to bar to see the arrival of the Mongolian rally, which we missed, but somehow the Belgians arrived at the very very very end, their fiat 500 broke down, and ended up having a little chat with them. It was quiet surreal to see a Delhaize flag in Sukhbaatar Square (the main square in UB)!!! Parler en Belge! ma fait un bien fou! trop d'anglais ces dernier jours fieu!!!!

As for today we had our first lesson of Mongolian!!!!!!!!! HELP! is not about learning a language is about learning a new alphabet, new syntax and sounds my mouth has never ever thought off. I really don't know how this is gonna go , but I have decided I'll be fluent and stubborn as i am i hope I'll make it!!! I'll post photos of my name written on Cyrillic. I can do that now and ask people their names! So imagine the blond foreign walking around asking people if they are ok, and their name, which by the way i never get, coz too complicated!!!

Well lovely people, i shall leave you for now, i'm gonna try to answer some of those emails! Please keep them coming I really want to know about you, how everything's going! I need news from the west!! It might take a while to answer them but i promise i will!!!

I'll post some photos soon too! I download them tonight!

3 comments:

Manuela said...

MI gordita!!! Que emocion!!! Que chevere todas esas impresiones... Por aqui sigo tu aventura como si yo la estuviera viviendo.. Por mi te iba a visitar ahora mismo.. (en vez de estarle solucionando la vida a un monton de gente irresponsable...!)
Un besote!!!!!!!!!! Que emocion!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love your blog- I'm addicted! So you have to keep posting, now that you've gotten me hooked.

I can't wait to see 'UB' and have a FLUENT blonde guide show us around.

BIG hug! And congrats on surviving Aeroflot.

Anonymous said...

Pollito mio, hasta hoy no se me ocurrio mirar el blog. Ya lo hare todos los dias. Recibi tus SMS pero yo no podia mandar uno y me perdi de hablar contigo porque no encontraba el telefono en el tren de vuelta a Paris.