14 May 2008

Coloration April 2008

I still don’t know if I should be completely honest with you of the real motivation for such stupidity!
But as often I’ll just go for it, then probably regret it but be too proud to take it back….

So then, I ended up with dark hair…. Well for a while I’ve been noticing a fair quantity of white hair growing on my scalp (now then! You know everything….), all concentrated on the top front of my head. Perfect location for me to notice it at every glimpse on the mirror! I then decided to do some highlights; you know, to sort of fade the whitties with the rest of the hair.
Cheap as always, I asked a friend to do it for me and went on a mission to find some product. Tried several markets, no success. But when I did find a place which had them, it was all in Mongolian, Russian, Rumanian or any useless language for my Latin, Anglo-Saxon upbringing… Ended up buying what I thought looked like bleach. But oh! Big mistake!!!! My friend did question several times, beforehand, my real will to do it. To what I joyfully responded “What’s the worst it can happen?!” Well I had the answer to that one 30 min later…. The worst is fluorescent orange hair!!!! Seriously! It might seem hilarious now, but it really wasn’t at the time! Although I have to admit I was amused as well as horrified at the time. The friends present (we were having a diner gathering) looked amused, if not ready to burst into hilarious tears and tried to support me by saying that it was an original colour (meaning: oh! Good lord! What have you done?) And that it was a matter of getting used to it (by not looking of course!)
I slept on it, thinking, maybe they are right, maybe is just a matter a getting used to it… But next day, it looked as bad as before! So with a bandana around my head I went to work… Obviously I’ve had chosen to do it the day before a very important meeting with some Japanese donors!!! Left the office a bit earlier and headed to the market and bought milk chocolate colour! They are very creative on giving the names to the dying products! Meanwhile I had called a friend to the rescue. We met at my flat, and after she recovered from the laughter, we did the brown thingy, which ended up a bit orangy too, but a more acceptable colour!

Beforehand! the orange doesnt really show but trust me it wasnt good!

After.. sort of brownish-orangy, suitable at least to work!

No comments: