19 July 2009

I am Mongolia

The end is near very near. I feel happy about it yes, but also sad. 2 years of my life I've spend in this beautiful country, I remember so clearly that first day... I wont lie and pretend it was all pink and that I loved all. But I'll tell you that this country now holds a special place in my heart. I've come to understand, not all but some of it, I've come to appreciate most of it. When I look at the steppes, the space, the horses, when I listen to the traditional long song, the language, when I start pushing instead of queuing. I realise a bit of me is Mongolian, without knowing i became Mongolia.

I no longer need a knife to eat...
I slurp my tea...
I "drink" my yogurt and i can drink vodka like a Russian...
I can also spend the day eating and drinking by the river, and walking to the car is enough exercise...
I ride mad horses and will forever shout "tchou" to them...
I take crossing the streets as a game of chess...
I touch people when I'm talking to them...
When i see one seat on the bus i see 3 people on it...
I skate to work rather than walk...
I believe I'm Grace Kelly in the spring with my massive sunglasses and scarf around my head...
I shall never take anything again with my left hand and if my mischance i touch someone with my feet my hand will be always ready to shake theirs....
I'll have, or people will have the misfortune to hear me tell them they have put on weight or that their idea is crap...
I will always be ready to open a bottle of vodka and don't leave the room until is finished...
I shall always compare children's cheeks with Mongolian cheeks...
I will be able to eat the insides of an animal without blinking, as well as a whole sheep, horse, marmot...
I'll start dancing as soon as the music starts without warming up...
I'll shall forever use "za" at the end of a sentence/conversation...
I'll never expect things to be there, nor take them for granted. And above all I'll know that things will work out at the end so that ulcer was not really necessary...

I will definitely miss you! Mongolia you are in me as the mutton smell is on your bills!

2 comments:

van den abeele said...

lindo.....
c' est domage que le documentaire arrive a sa fin....

Ceci E. said...

¡QuĂ© buen post, Sophie!