16 January 2009

dear me!

Dear lord! I was having a look at older posts and it feels so long ago and so close! It is surreal to re-read thoughts and feelings of that time! it's like living everything back...

You can adapt to anything, I had a lucidity moment the other day walking to work. Suddenly I stopped (my mind not my feet) and looked around, and it came back: I am in Mongolia! These are my last few months, and life is a routine, you don't notice the ice, the cold, the frozen lashes, drinking tea with salt is normal, mutton : I have it for breakfast everyday! (joking, but only just!) and the smoke (well no! the smoke and pollution you can not not noticing it!) but it's just there and is normal, even people blowing their nose in the middle of the pavement, on the pavement! and the spitting, although i still hate it madly, it is just normal...

Some things are miles away, some are so present. I look at some trips I did that feel like it was yesterday but it was more than a year ago!

Then I wonder why does still surprises me when i remember my real age!! I was 21 just yesterday i swear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

started to spit as well haha, but in the garden beds... not the footpath!

yes you do get so used to it huh? i asked for salt in my tea in sukhbaatar aimag (where they usually leave it out)!

W