14 July 2008

Hutuul Naadam 06.07.2008

As I said Naadam is a National holiday, the official date is usually 11th – 12th of July. However each place can pick a date. For Hutuul in Selenge region was the weekend of the 5th of July. A great excuse to see a cozy Naadam and get away from the city, basically to enjoy the summer. 4 hours in the microbus to get there and admire those beautiful panties, you learn to like them I tell you! We missed the horse race, also as I said I'm cursed, seriously am! But got to enjoy the airag, the fermented horse milk (NOT, I might just need more time to adjust and get used to that funny taste) and a chat with the locals. A nice Sunday escape!


The wrestling place

the naadam palace

Anklebone shooting competition


And the wrestling

starts with the eagle dance

to the wrestle...

to putting on the floor, thus winning






this is my personal favorite, the little guy puts the big guy down!

the audience


No comments: