24 March 2008

Eagle Fest.(02.2008)

A bit reluctant to go at the beginning I ended up at the eagle festival (originally from the Kazakh lands), which was brought to UB.
A very social event as most of the expat community was there. Very touristy indeed but very good to get out of the city and to get some fresh air and to learn a few new things.
I have to admit that is with a massive hangover that i got in the bus. Arriving there (i shouldn't be telling you this, but hey! I've always been quite good at making a fool of myself!) I confused a yak with a horse! Yeap! I am that blonde! I proudly and seriously exclamated "Good lord! look at that horse! now hairy is it?! huh?!" My friend blemished not knowing if i was joking or I was being serious. Unfortunately i was being serious!
That been said, I just let you look at the pics of those proud men showing their eagles (with good reasons!)

Pas trop sure de vouloir y aller je me suis tout de même retrouvée au "Eagle Festival"
Ce fut plus social qu'autre chose, toute la communauté expat s'y trouvait! Donc beaucoup de papote et de l'air frais, en plus d'une rencontre avec une culture bien différente. On dit souvent que les Kazakh les plus purs se trouvent en Mongolie (ils ont préservé leur culture).
Pour la p'tite histoire comique j'ai confondu un yak avec un cheval. Je ne fais pas la fière, mais mon excuse est toute simple, c'était le lendemain de la veille, en plus de ne pas avoir mes lunettes, un détail très important! Bref, au loin cet animal bien particulier pastourais (même si avait que de la neige, c'est pour voir peindre le tableau) je me suis exclamée toute fière "mon dieu! regarde ce cheval". L'amie avait qui je marchais ma regardée avec le regard vide ne sachant pas si rire ou me baffer. C'est la! que j'ai compris!
Donc voila je vous laisse regarder les photos!



Goat wrestling! Le premier a lache la chevre perd!


Kazakh men on hold






Leur vision est tellement puissante.


Ca fout les boules je vous le dis!


The amasing threesome!


J'aurais voulut prendre l'aigle a bras, mais traditionellement les femmes ne peuvent pas toucher l'aigle. J'ai eu de la chance car il a bien voulut lui enlever le cach des yeux!


It does have a tiny ressemblance with a horse! no?

Well, not when you look too close!


As you can see it was pretty touristy, they brought all the animals tourists want to take photos of!

No comments: