19 November 2007

What is it to live in -20*?

Well we haven't yet arrived to the -30-40*, we haven't yet arrived to winter!!!!!!! but there's some little facts that stoke me! For example, i'm not able to see outside from my living room window as the ice invaded the glass! You also have your nostril hairs frozen the second you step out! As well as your breath freezes in your scarf. Your hands, if you don't wear gloves (need to be foolish enough for that! well i did for 5 min the time of a cig) your hand wrinkle and freeze! The wrapping and unwrapping up can be quiet fastidious! Considering houses are overheated so you start sweating very quickly! Is an art! I'm still quiet crap at it!
On the other hand, rivers freeze and you are able to ice skate anytime and for free! you can even skate to work! Your metabolism works so fast to cope with it, that you loose weight without even trying! I love that one!
Amasingly women here don't take their high hills of and manage better that me with boots!
I had the opportunity to experience -25* in Dornod, well it was bloody cold but not only i survived but i was fine! The air on my face felt like needles! and I could speak properly (frozen chin) for a while! but I survived which gave me hope for what it is to come! There might not be a frozen statue of me in the square!

1 comment:

Manuela said...

En eso no te envidio nada...